The Universe is Made of Tiny Stories–Project for high school students 2016/2017
The project will start in 2016 between the middle of August and the beginning of September. As there is no common start of the school year in Europe every single teacher will be responsible for selecting the most suitable starting date.
Our project is eligible for participation by high school students living all over the world, from both academic and vocational lines of studies who have a working knowledge/competency of the English Language at high school level. Even though eTwinning platform gives us access to European teachers only, we have also decided to invite teachers from other parts of the world. It will be done via a dedicated blog site we will share and where we will post all the information and students’ final stories.
On the 22nd of March almost 200 European teachers participated in the expert talk of the Creative Classroom Group entitled ” The Use of Digital Storytelling to Support Teaching and Learning” run by Bernard Robin. Our participation in this talk inspired us to create a project for our high school students that will involve digital storytelling.
Title of our project
On the 24th of March 2016, Barbara Anna Zielonka created an online form. The form was sent to all the teachers who have shown their interest in order to get their suggestions on the title of our project. Below you see the registered responses:
The objective of this project is for high school students to create a multimedia presentation in the form of a digital story. The digital story is the practice of using computer-based tools to tell stories. Such stories usually contain some mixture of computer-based images, text, recorded audio narration, video clips and/or music. This story should be compelling and meaningful and may also be personally relevant.
Upon completion of this project, students will:
- Understand storytelling
- Meet international students and become a part of a global community
- Share your voice on the global stage/ Become powerful communicators
- Become proficient with capturing and manipulating digital image, sound, and video
- Understand properties and characteristic of different software
- Integrate different media (text, images, sound, video) into an online environment
- Develop critical skills to explore digital media
- Free software tools: Google Docs, Audacity, Meograph,Creative Commons / Flickr.com, iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker, and Youtube.com.
© 2016 BARBARA ANNA ZIELONKA ALL RIGHTS RESERVED